Water is referred to as the essence of life. Our body is mostly made of water and we cannot survive without water. Water plays a huge role in maintaining the health of our skin.
Water is vital for skin care in many ways as it:
- Helps to maintain body temperature
- Aids the transportation of oxygen and nutrients to all the cells of the body
- Helps with the elimination of bodily toxins and other waste products
- Nourishes and detoxifies the system
- Replenishes the skin cells moisture levels
The fact is that water plays a large part in maintaining a healthy and youthful looking complexion. With an adequate supply of water the moisture levels of the skin’s cells are replenished and this in turn give the skin a smooth, moist and fresh appearance.
Ideally you should aim for around 6 to 8 glasses of water taken slowly throughout the day although you may need more if you live in an area where the climate is very hot.
Water helps to replace any lost fluids and encourages the kidneys to flush out accumulated bodily wastes and toxins.
If you have a hard time drinking water, try fruit infusion recipes.
Day 1 Challenge: Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day!
Download and print a water tracker or order our Fashion and Beauty Planner which has a daily water tracker included.